Careo Boricua
Registrate para comentar.
Register to post.

Unirse al foro, es rápido y fácil

Careo Boricua
Registrate para comentar.
Register to post.
Careo Boricua
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.
Buscar

Resultados por:

Rechercher Búsqueda avanzada

Sexter democrata para Arrrrcarrde de NYC?

Sexter democrata para Arrrrcarrde de NYC? Empty Sexter democrata para Arrrrcarrde de NYC?

Mensaje por Charlie319 Vie Mayo 24, 2013 12:56 pm

Los democratas nunca han sido conocidos como pe lartido de la Moral. Ese titulo le corresponde al partido Republicano. Razon por la cual en cualquier desviacion moral, se lanzan los Democratas a criticar. Pero en este caso el apropiadamente llamado Anthony Weiner ha decidido ( o mas bien su mujer decidio que el debia de) lanzarse a candidato a alcalde de la Ciudad de Nueva York... Quizas esto es un indicio de que Hillary no va a ser candidata a la presidencia... De que otra manera permitiria que una ayudante casada con este moron lo lanze a un gesta politica que resultaria en preguntas incomodas para la Hillary????? No se si su lema politico sera un pene en cada celular? Que creen ustedes?

A Wife With Powerful Ties Is an Unexpected Architect of a New York Comeback

By MICHAEL M. GRYNBAUM, MICHAEL BARBARO and AMY CHOZICK

When Chelsea Clinton wanted to make a low-key visit to the hurricane-stricken Rockaways last fall, she arranged to take a trip with her close friend Huma Abedin, a longtime aide to Hillary Rodham Clinton.

So some members of the Clinton camp were surprised and unsettled to learn that Ms. Abedin also brought along her husband, Anthony D. Weiner, the former congressman who had rarely been seen in public since resigning his seat the previous year.

The next day, Mr. Weiner reactivated his Twitter account to post a video about the Rockaways. Photographs soon surfaced in New York news outlets of the former congressman in the ravaged Queens neighborhood, the former first daughter at his side.

As Mr. Weiner, a Democrat, seeks an improbable return to politics, announcing this week that he is running for mayor of New York City, some have wondered how a politician who exchanged sexually explicit messages with strangers could persuade his wife to undergo another excruciating period in the spotlight.

But the reality, it turns out, is just the opposite: Those close to the couple say that Ms. Abedin, a seasoned operative well versed in the politics of redemption, has been a main architect of her husband’s rehabilitative journey, shaping his calculated comeback and drawing on her close ties with one of the country’s most powerful families to lay the groundwork for his return.

A surrogate daughter to Bill and Hillary Clinton who has seen firsthand the cleansing power of campaigns, Ms. Abedin has leapt into her husband’s effort, conferring on strategy and helping to hire staff members from her long history with the Clintons: Ms. Abedin worked with Mr. Weiner’s new 30-year-old campaign manager, Danny Kedem, during Mrs. Clinton’s 2008 presidential run.

Ms. Abedin considers the coming race an adventure, and she has even been willing to break her cherished status as a seen-but-not-heard insider. In Mr. Weiner’s rollout video, she appears prominently in the first and final frames, smiling with her husband and reassuring voters, “We love this city.”

“She seems to have jumped onboard with both boots,” Mr. Weiner said in an interview this week, a palpable pride in his voice. Ms. Abedin, he said, “has forgotten more about politics and public policy than I maybe will ever know.”

A fierce advocate for her husband, Ms. Abedin was among the final holdouts two years ago who insisted that Mr. Weiner hang onto his Congressional seat, even as the cascading scandal sent allies scurrying and prompted Democratic leaders, including Representative Nancy Pelosi and President Obama, to abandon him.

She married Mr. Weiner in 2010 at a ceremony where Mr. Clinton presided and the groom was teased about his future in Gracie Mansion. In recent months, she has been eager to end a difficult period of social exile during which she and her husband were virtually absent from the public eye — and Mr. Weiner’s access to influential circles was often tied to his wife’s close connections with the powerful world of the Clintons.

The couple live in a spacious Park Avenue apartment owned by a Clinton donor. And it was at a Clinton Global Initiative conference last fall that Mr. Weiner, who at the time was something of a recluse, made one of his few public appearances, drawing stares among the A-list invitees.

In late March, days before he revealed his interest in running for mayor, Mr. Weiner joined his wife and the Clintons in the Dominican Republic for a beach weekend with the fashion designer Oscar de la Renta, who owns a villa there. The former congressman mingled with a boldface crowd that included Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg and his girlfriend, Diana L. Taylor.

Mr. Weiner is both grateful and deeply protective of Ms. Abedin, who is often shielded from scrutiny by her allies in the Clinton world. In the interview this week, Mr. Weiner’s rat-a-tat cadence slowed as he described his wife as “an extraordinarily gifted and graceful person.”

On Thursday, he said that one thing he regretted missing in Congress was the chance to defend his wife from accusations lodged last year by Representative Michele Bachmann of Minnesota and other House Republicans, who suggested that Ms. Abedin may be tied to Muslim extremists.

“I couldn’t help thinking that, if I were there, in that chamber, Michele Bachmann and her like wouldn’t have done that type of thing,” Mr. Weiner told reporters after a campaign stop in Harlem.

Still, for Ms. Abedin, promoting her husband’s career is a mission with some peril: Bill and Hillary Clinton, who have all but adopted her as family, remain deeply wary of appearing close with Mr. Weiner, a tarnished, unpopular figure.

The Clintons, who said this week they would not support a candidate in the mayoral race, are loath to be linked to Mr. Weiner’s bid, according to interviews with more than a dozen people close to the couple who declined to be named for fear of upsetting those involved.

“They are not happy about it,” a longtime associate said.

In the interviews, many of those close to the Clintons can barely contain their dislike for Mr. Weiner, whom they speak of like a disapproved-of in-law, tolerated but unloved. And Mr. Weiner’s occasionally rocky rollout has brought its own tensions.

Mr. Clinton’s office was not told ahead of time that his family name was mentioned 21 times in a profile of Mr. Weiner and Ms. Abedin that ran in The New York Times Magazine, according to a person close to the family. (The piece was written by a journalist who had developed a rapport with Ms. Abedin while working on articles for Vogue about Hillary and Chelsea Clinton.)

Mr. Weiner’s return to Twitter in April coincided with Mr. Clinton’s debut on the social network — prompting a flurry of unwelcome chatter comparing the personal indiscretions of the two.

Several of the Clinton friends interviewed openly questioned whether Ms. Abedin could remain a top aide to Mrs. Clinton with Mr. Weiner in what is certain to be a rough race: in political circles, anonymity is often the mark of a successful aide, not the spotlight of being a political spouse.

For now, however, the Clintons and their allies are still closing ranks. When Ms. Abedin faced scrutiny this month about an arrangement that allowed her to earn money as a private consultant while still working as a top adviser at the State Department, Clinton aides were keenly sensitive about the matter and rushed to defend Ms. Abedin.

She fully intends to continue her work with Mrs. Clinton’s transition team, and Mr. Weiner has said her role on the campaign is still evolving.

In New York City, Ms. Abedin’s presence may have already paid dividends in attracting staff.

In the past few weeks, several political aides have been tempted to sign onto a Weiner mayoral campaign — although not necessarily because they believe he can win the race.

Instead, according to people familiar with discussions, the interest has stemmed from the ample access the job would provide to Ms. Abedin, who presumably would be involved in a presidential run by Mrs. Clinton in 2016.

Charlie319
Charlie319
Admin

https://careoboricua.foroactivo.com

Sexter democrata para Arrrrcarrde de NYC? Empty Re: Sexter democrata para Arrrrcarrde de NYC?

Mensaje por Charlie319 Miér Jul 24, 2013 10:10 am

Este tipo no tiene nombre...  Lo clavan e n el escandalo y por lo visto el tipo siguio con el comportamiento...  Hasta sus antiguos aliados le van a ssacar el cuerpo...

The not so ‘Good Wife’

By Keli Goff, Published: July 24 at 6:30 am

When Anthony Weiner was driven from the halls of Congress because of his penchant for tweeting photos of his nether regions to women who were not his wife, it was pretty clear that his reputation would accompany his political career down the toilet.

What was less clear was that he might inadvertently flush his wife’s reputation as well. Yet I couldn’t help but think that that is precisely what is happening as I watched their incredibly uncomfortable press conference on Tuesday. The scene was so familiar it was almost cliché. The wronged wife standing next to her wrongdoing hubby in an effort to humanize him and, hopefully, save his career during one of the most humiliating moments of their public lives.

The only thing distinguishing Huma Abedin from her counterpart Alicia Florrick, the lead character in the hit television show, “The Good Wife,” is that we didn’t get to see Huma slap Anthony after this press conference, unfortunately.

Let me get this out of the way: I am a Huma Abedin fan. So much so that I previously wrote a column titled, “The Wrong Weiner is Running for Mayor.” I now think perhaps a more apropos title would have been, “Run, Huma, run away from the narcisstic Weiner you are married to who is running for mayor.”

After her husband, who is running for mayor of New York City and is the front runner in some polls, acknowledged that his sexting scandal extended several months past his original mea culpa press conference and resignation, Huma stepped up to the mic. “It took a lot of work and a whole lot of therapy to get to a place where I could forgive Anthony,” she said. “It was not an easy choice in any way but I made the decision that it was worth staying in this marriage. That was the decision I made for me, for our son and for our family.”

She said that, “Anthony’s made some horrible mistakes,” before ultimately saying, “But I believe that is between us and our marriage.”

There’s just one problem: It isn’t just between the two of them. If it were, then the situation would not have warranted a press conference. But it did because Anthony Weiner is interviewing for the job of our mayor. There are a lot of characteristics people consider during the interview and hiring process. Stability, judgment and honesty are just a few of those characteristics.
So far Anthony Weiner appears to be 0 for 3.

If Huma felt so strongly that the judgment of her husband and his peccadilloes ultimately should be his and hers alone, then why has he chosen to run for mayor and why she has chosen to help him?

After all, running for political office is perhaps the only job in which part of the job interview explicitly involves having your decisions judged by the public — also known as your future employer.

As I watched Huma smile and fidget awkwardly during their press conference, I couldn’t help thinking how she must feel. One of the most eligible bachelorettes in politics chose Anthony Weiner over the most eligible bachelors, including movie stars, said to be head over heels for her at one time, and look at where Anthony Weiner has gotten her. He has made her, and their life, the butt of one big joke. (I lost count of how many headlines used some variation of “Weiner won’t pull out” following the press conference.)

I also can’t help thinking how ludicrous Huma’s  “Stand by Your Man” routine Tuesday would be perceived if her husband’s vice was not a sexual one. If an elected official resigned office in disgrace after a drunk-driving accident, and then while seeking office again shortly thereafter was revealed to have had another secret accident, his spouse and anyone else encouraging his political comeback so soon would be labeled an enabler, and rightly so.

There would be questions asked about why those around such a politician were so heavily invested in seeing him regain his political power so quickly. People would ask if the true motivation was that there was absolutely no other candidate as qualified, thus making his comeback a necessity for his supporters, or whether the real motivation is that there was no one else running who could provide the political power and access that his inner circle considered  a necessity, his spouse included.

While there are plenty of women judging Huma’s decision to stand by her husband, I am not one of them. I am, however, judging her decision to stand by Anthony Weiner the candidate. If the other mayoral candidates were convicted felons, or illiterate or horrifyingly unqualified in some other way, perhaps I would get it. But the other candidates are not like that, far from it. Instead, right now it looks like Huma is putting her family’s political ambition ahead of the city’s needs, and perhaps her own.

She may even be putting their shared ambition ahead of their marriage. (I’m no couples therapist, but are campaigns and life in the public eye known to make marriages less stressful?)

The last thing New York needs is more distraction and about the only thing Anthony Weiner can guarantee at this point is that his candidacy is one big distraction. We have serious issues in New York, from a housing crisis to income inequality to fixing our broken public school system.

But the most heavily covered news stories of the last week have nothing to do with those issues. Rather, they are stories that have little impact on the lives of working New Yorkers: the royal baby and Anthony Weiner’s adventures in sexting.

If Huma cares as much about the people of this city and the issues that affect them as she has claimed to, then she will stop playing the role of “The Good Wife” and instead play the role of the honest wife, the realistic wife, the no longer enabling wife. Instead of standing by her man, she will stand up for New Yorkers and say, “I may be stuck with him, but you all don’t have to be.”
Charlie319
Charlie319
Admin

Sexter democrata para Arrrrcarrde de NYC? Empty Re: Sexter democrata para Arrrrcarrde de NYC?

Mensaje por Charlie319 Vie Jul 26, 2013 4:07 pm

Lo que nadie ha querido mencionar en el banquete de escandalo es que Weiner tiene una oponente que es lesbiana... y es la favorita. 
Que creen?
Charlie319
Charlie319
Admin