Careo Boricua
Registrate para comentar.
Register to post.

Unirse al foro, es rápido y fácil

Careo Boricua
Registrate para comentar.
Register to post.
Careo Boricua
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.
Buscar

Resultados por:

Rechercher Búsqueda avanzada

Singer Lauryn Hill Blames Slavery for Her Failure to Pay $1 Million in Taxes

2 participantes

Singer Lauryn Hill Blames Slavery for Her Failure to Pay $1 Million in Taxes Empty Singer Lauryn Hill Blames Slavery for Her Failure to Pay $1 Million in Taxes

Mensaje por MarlboroMan(aka Lexus) Miér Mayo 08, 2013 1:44 pm

Singer Lauryn Hill Blames Slavery for Her Failure to Pay $1 Million in Taxes

Singer Lauryn Hill Blames Slavery for Her Failure to Pay $1 Million in Taxes Lauryn_0

Every now and then, some celebrity gets caught breaking the law and counts on his or her fame in getting off the hook, no matter how lame an excuse that's given. That was the case with Grammy Award-winning hip hop singer Lauryn Hill, who in federal court on Monday compared her experience in the music business to the slavery her ancestors endured.

Nevertheless, U.S. Magistrate Madeline Cox Arleo sentenced the liberal performer -- who pleaded guilty to the tax evasion charge last year -- to three months in prison for not paying $1 million in taxes over the past decade, as well as a $60,000 fine.

"I am a child of former slaves who had a system imposed on them," the 37-year-old performer from South Orange, N.J., stated while occasionally pounding her fist on the podium. "I had an economic system imposed on me."

That “system” didn't seem to treat her poorly when the singer earned more than $1.8 million from 2005 to 2007, in addition to unpaid state and federal taxes in 2008 and 2009, which brought the total of earnings to approximately $2.3 million.

At the time of her arrest on June 29, 2012, Hill wrote a criticism regarding the pop culture's “climate of hostility, false entitlement, manipulation, racial prejudice, sexism and ageism.”

Despite having paid more than $900,000 during the past several days, Hill still owes interest and penalties on her unpaid taxes, the U.S. attorney's office said. After she is released from prison, she will be on parole for a year, the first three months of which will be spent in home confinement.

Hill, who started singing with the Fugees as a teenager in the 1990s before releasing her popular 1998 album “The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill,” stated that she failed to pay taxes during a period when she'd dropped out of the music business to protect herself and her six children.

I did not deliberately abandon my fans, nor did I deliberately abandon any responsibilities, but I did however put my safety, health and freedom and the freedom, safety and health of my family first over all other material concerns!

jajajaja! que pelada esta liberal, tanto talento en voz y nada de cabeza ni responsabilidad. Como dijo Rush Limbaugh sobre esta noticia:

Let's see. If Lauryn Hill is the child of former slaves, she must be like 130 or 140 years old, the mid-hundreds, if she's the child of former slaves. She used to be in the Fugees. She's earned a lot of money in this slave-infested, racist country -- and because it's all been imposed on her, she shouldn't have to pay taxes.

Esta nacion es racista para ella NO pagar taxes pero esta nacion no fue racista para ella cuando ella hizo MILLONES por cantar y fue al banco muchas veces a depositar y gastar el dinero.
MarlboroMan(aka Lexus)
MarlboroMan(aka Lexus)
Contributor

Location : somewhere between the Mississippi River and Pacific Ocean

Singer Lauryn Hill Blames Slavery for Her Failure to Pay $1 Million in Taxes Empty Re: Singer Lauryn Hill Blames Slavery for Her Failure to Pay $1 Million in Taxes

Mensaje por Charlie319 Miér Mayo 08, 2013 3:46 pm

Que se prepare que probablemente la manden a una carcel "country club"... Si la ponen a trabajar en absoluto, sera un milagro.
Charlie319
Charlie319
Admin

https://careoboricua.foroactivo.com